1956 Pre-Unit Triumph Trophy 500 with “SE” CA License plate which stands for “Special Equipment”.
The bike was found 15 years ago in a movie prop storage warehouse in Valencia CA.
The following work has been completed.
- New performance sleeves from L.A. Sleeve + L.F. Harris performance pistons + rings ($1,600)
- Re-Finished valves ($200)
- Lucas electronic ignition kit ($475) (Original Lucas magneto included but has weak spark)
- Full carburetor rebuild and gas tank internals cleaned and sealed ($275)
- New OEM NOS Kick start gear and spring ($75)
- New OEM NOS Primary and Drive chains ($150)
- New OEM NOS Grips, Foot Peg Rubbers and tank knee pads ($180)
It starts first kick and shifts through all gears. 1st gear synchros need work.
Valve clearances and timing have been set and the engine runs very strong.
The rest of the bike is in excellent condition for its unrestored state.
- The rims are true and have no dents. (Still mounted with original tires)
- The fenders are clean and have no dents.
- The forks are straight and stanchions are clean.
- The original Close-Fin alloy barrels and racing head are flawless. (No damaged fins)
- Performance rocker box caps
- Lucas Capacitor/Rectifier (Currently removed and replaced with Lucas Electronic Ignition)
- Original custom stitched leather seat
It is missing some of the 1956 factory body parts but the remainder of the bike is in excellent condition.
Good starting point for a full restoration.
The frame number look up results in a 1956 Trophy 500.
Engine number lookup results in a 1953 Trophy 500.
I have various extra parts and literature.
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1956 Triumph Trophy (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: richny13
Location: Gilroy, California, United States