Very nice 1971 Triumph Bonneville T120RV with the rare optional 5-speed transmission.
Listing on behalf of the owner, this Bonnie is a predominantly original first year oil in frame T120. A super sweet example that can be kept as it or easily brought back to its stock form. Some of the changes that were made over the years were extended fork tubes (approx. 1.5 – 2 inches), chrome fenders, and replacement mirrors. The rest of the bike appears to be stock.
This bike is a great runner – engine, trans, clutch, brakes, electrics all work as they should. Has good power with a solid motor and shifts like butter. Cosmetically, the paint is great, chrome has some pitting but still presentable. Current mileage is believed to be accurate at 13,455 and will go up a little bit. The history of the bike states that in 2010 the previous owner invested $3,500 (receipts included) including the following work:
- Front & rear brakes
- Dunlop K70 tires
- UK wire harness
- Boyer electronic ignition
- Tympanium solid state reg/rectifier
- New Amal 930 carbs
- Honed the cylinder bores, new rings
- New head gasket
- Proper Tiger gold and black paint on tank and single stage black side covers (still looks great)
- Lined tank with what appears to be redcoat – very nicely done
- Since 2014 this T120 spent majority of time in storage and was ridden very little with just over 400 miles. It has recently been recommissioned to its current state and runs very well. Work included cleaning the carbs / fuel system and adding a new battery. Further inspection revealed the following:
- Rear shocks are good.
- Front rim, spokes, brakes, tire, wheel bearings all good. Tightened loose spokes, front & rear.
- Steering head bearings are good.
- Chain and sprockets very good.
- Compression check gave 180 psi Left and right; very good.
- Champion RN3C plugs look new. Cleaned and gapped. Spark is good.
Additional known issues or areas the new owner may want to address are as follows:
- Tires have great tread but the DOM is 2009
- Seat cover has minor tears at front lower covers.
- Dip stick under oil filler cap is missing
- There is minor fork seal seepage currently. Fork tubes are 2” longer than stock. This necessitated the extra-long kickstand, which causes interference with the center stand. Center stand return spring is weak. (personally, I would return the fork tubes and side stand to proper stock specs)
- Dash lights are missing. The small front park light bulb is missing.
- Tachometer jumps – replace or rebuild
- Replace all fluids
This is a very solid and strong running T120. With a little bit of TLC the new owner will have one sweet Bonnie!
More info: Listing has ended. Search on eBay for similar 1971 Triumph Bonneville
Seller's other items: hefec
Location: Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, United States