BSA Lightning complete and highly original condition!
This bike was recently purchased from an estate and has been stored indoors for over 20 years. It’s “Barn Fresh” as they say and ready to be made into a solid rider or even restored.
I drained the fuel tank, rinsed it with race gas, cleaned the carburetors, attached a battery jumper, changed the motor oil and the bike fired up on the third kick and idled. I did not test ride this bike but the video below and the description should provide a good idea of the condition of this motorcycle.
Here is a video of the bike running on the bench: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSBAjuc1MOo
Here are some key features of this wonderful motorcycle:
- Original Paint!
- Side covers and badges in great condition for their age
- Frame #A65L 6436
- Cases are BSA replacement cases that are not stamped with numbers.
- Amal Premier Carburetors
- Inside of tank has very little rust – almost none
- Original fenders – front fender has deterioriated chrome on the top – see image
- Originals pipes and mufflers
- Originals gauges although there are no cables currently on the bike
- Horn headlight and tail light work while bike is running.
- Jones rims in excellent condition
- Bike will need new tires and new battery. All moving parts should be inspected by new owner.
- No Title for this bike – Bill of Sale only. Because there is no engine number, the bike has been assigned CA Blue Tag # 396313 but there no current DMV records on either of the numbers on the blue tag. In other words, the bike is out of the system.
Price: $4,200 <- click to see if it is still available
More info: Click here for more information
Originally listed on November 20, 2021. Older listings are displayed for reference and probably will not be available.
Seller's other items: wheelhousegarage
Location: Livermore, California, United States